As most people who have followed this blog since it began a few years ago will know that this started with a Bucket List of 30 things to do before I turned 30. Well, I am turning 30 next month, actually in little over a months time and I got to thinking how much of the list I actually achieved….
1. Go To Vegas – Stayed for a week in April 2015
2. See The Sunrise At The Beach – Saw the sunrise from our hotel room over looking the beach in Mexico Jan 2016
3. Go To A Horse Race – Done On My 25th Birthday, August 2013 then again to the Grand National in 2014 AND then Glorious Goodwood August 2017!
4. Buy My Own Home – Unexpectedly and amazingly achieved this with Matt in December 2016!
Go On A Safari Visit A Fortune Teller
6. Buy A Designer Pair Of Sunglasses – Brought Bvlgari pair in 2013
7. Buy A Louis Vuitton Bag
8. Learn Pilates Or Yoga – A couple of classes attended throughout the years, but it never stuck!
9. Go To A Rodeo – Done In Ohio 2014
10. Reach Size 12 and Stay There
11. Fly First Class – We flew Premium with Thomas Cook to Mexico in 2016, which is their highest class, I guess that counts?
12. Grow A Sunflower – I managed to grow 3 in the summer of 2013 & want to plant more in my own garden.
13. Go On A Road Trip – With my parents and godparents we travelled from Indiana To Ohio in 2014
14. Go A Week Without Using Technology – Accomplished in January 2014
15. Run The Race For Life
16. Buy Something At An Auction
17. Visit Boston & Go Whale Watching
Be In The Audience Of A TV Show Go To The Mall Of America
19. Have Afternoon Tea At The Ritz – I did much more than that at the Ritz in January 2014
Experience Christmas In New York Have A Make Over At A Makeup Counter & Buy The Right Make Up For Me. – Had a full MAC makeover in March 2015, which reminds me I need more foundation!
Take My Godchildren Out For The Day By MyselfCelebrate My 30th Birthday In Style – I have some lovely things planned for my birthday including dinner at my favourite restaurant, a party with friends & a day in Brighton with my nearest and dearest.
22. Stay Up All Night Watching Movies
23. Go For A Girly Spa Break – Hayley & I treated ourselves in December 2014 & I had another spa trip for Trina’s hen in 2015!
24. Take A Photo Every Day For A Year
25. Attend A Fashion Show – Steph & I went to London Fashion Week in February 2014 & attended 2 catwalks!
26. Donate Blood – Oh, I did this 3 times in 2013/2014 and fainted – not for me!
27. Milk A Cow – Loads of you came to watch me do this in March 2014
28. Make My Own Christmas Cards – I got my craft on for Christmas 2014
29. Book A Last Minute Holiday
30. Do A Photo Shoot With My Mum – We got in front of the camera July 2014
Wow a few that I haven’t managed and probably wont now with only a few weeks to go, but there is so much on this list that I have achieved and am proud of. Now, those of you that truly know me, will know that I am organised and have been known to be a planned and a list lover. So now my mind goes to what is next, in 10 years time, I will be sat here almost 40 – I wonder what my life will be like. Will we be married, have kids, own a dog, brought a holiday home? Oh goodness, so much could happen in the next 10 years and I really cannot wait to see what life throws at us and what adventures we go on! So, whilst I dont want to plan the next 10 years of my life or events that may occur, lets look at setting some GOALS that I want to achieve by the time I am 40 – ergh 40, it feels like a life time away!
This is hard, when I set the 30 things to do before I turned 30, I was already 5 years towards my 30th birthday…..this one is over 10 years away. However, with a skydive booked for just under a months time I am feeling a bit more fearless lately so maybe I need to do some more things outside of my comfort zone…..but for now, here are a couple of ideas.
- Learn how to dive
When we were in Cuba recently, we spent quite a bit of time snorkeling & I really fell in love with the underwater world when we were in Mexico. Snorkeling is great fun and you get to see some wonderful sights, but I would like to go a bit deeper and see what the ocean really has to offer, so for me learning to dive would add something new to every adventure we go on.
- Do more things for me
This is a weird one, I dont often treat myself when payday comes around, for the past 6 months I have been saying that I want to book myself in for a hot stone massage or a pedicure at one of those foot spa places. Instead I often end up spending my wages on eating out or the odd coffee here and there, don’t get me wrong I am a massive foodie so that would make sense, but by doing that I am not giving myself time to just wind down and really am not looking after me.
- Go to Texas
This has been on my travel list for the longest of times and I am confident that by the time I am 40 I will have been. I would love to do a little road trip round the big cities, or just spend time in San Antonio on the river walk. I just need to be there and experience it for myself!
- See Orca’s in the wild
Whale watching has been on the list for a long time too, initially I was happy to see any whales but actually I was settling and no-one should ever settle. Ever since I saw Free Willy when I was a young girl I have had a place in my heart for Orca’s & will often spend an hour on YouTube watching Orca encounters in the wild, so the plan is to head out to the west coast of America or Canada and get out on a whale watching trip or 2 or 3 and spot me some Orca’s!
- Tour Buckingham Palace
Recently I have had a interest in Queen Victoria, it started after a trip to Windsor Castle. Some of you may be aware that she was the first royal to live in Buckingham Palace, so I would like to go there and be nosy and take a look round the state rooms, see where she lived and where our current monarch lives. I am intrigued by the royal family, I like learning about Queen Victoria and watching the way the current royal family is evolving, so a trip to Buck House is in order
- See the Rockefeller Christmas Tree
The movie industry has a lot to blame for the fascination of New York at Christmas, I have seen NYC in the winter, we visited during a bitterly cold, snowy January and it was everything I had hope for. However, I didn’t see the tree & as a massive Christmas fiend that is the ultimate Christmas tree. In the past few years I have toyed with getting the first flight to NYC and the last flight home just to spend a few hours in the city seeing the tree and picking up some gifts, but can I really justify the expense?
Well, now you have an idea of some of the goals I want to achieve over the next 10 years, there will be a lot more I am sure, but I am really trying hard not to plan every second of my life and just see how things go!
What would would be on your list of things to achieve? Comment below!